Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 11528DLE will not drive all of the time, help!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
brjl

Ariens 11528DLE will not drive all of the time, help!
Original Message   Jan 2, 2009 7:23 am
Bought this Ariens 11528DLE last year, in January. For some reason, the forward and reverse drive will stop working. The friction wheel is fine, and there is no adjustment for the belt. I brought it to the local Ariens dealer, and of course, they could not reproduce the problem. They were nice enough to look inside, clean the wheel that the friction wheel drives with brake cleaner. Next snow storm, same thing, one pass down the driveway, and it stops. The dealer says, never heard of this one, maybe water is getting inside.

Paid lots of money for a machine that is touted as one of the best, I wish I could figure out why it is happening. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Brian from NH

Replies: 46 - 46 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
fabianfledge

Re: Ariens 11528DLE will not drive all of the time, help!
Reply #46   Jan 27, 2009 6:45 am
If I had to do it all over again I would probably looked for an older Ariens and spend the money to rebuild it.  It would probably still be cheaper then the $1600 I paid for my 926PRO.  I bought the Pro because it was supposed to be "built like Ariens used to build them" but that is not the case.  It does appear like everything else....they don't make them like they used too.
Replies: 46 - 46 of 46Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42