Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New 2008 Ariens 9526 DLE Pro

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pvrp

New 2008 Ariens 9526 DLE Pro
Original Message   Dec 1, 2008 4:27 pm
I just got a call from my dealer telling me that my machine just arrived.
It should be interesting to see if it has a guarantee-less Tecumseh
or a B & S engine.  I don't really care much, I understand the Briggs
doesn't have a throttle which I really like, though it does have other
advantages.

Should be picking it up sometime this week.  I'll report back.

Now to stock up on some grease...

[ EDIT :  For anyone reading this in the future I suggest reading the entire
              thread since my opinion of certain aspects of the machine changed
              while I got to know the machine better.  ]

Paul
This message was modified Jan 11, 2009 by pvrp
Replies: 17 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Ellwood

Re: New 2008 Ariens 9526 DLE Pro
Reply #17   Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm
I recently purchased a 9526 DLE Pro as well. I haven't noticed any slipping issues yet.....but I do agree with you on the speed of first gear! It's way too fast. And it does throw like a champ too!
This message was modified Jan 26, 2009 by Ellwood
pvrp

Re: New 2008 Ariens 9526 DLE Pro
Reply #18   Feb 15, 2009 8:02 pm
More fun.  Yesterday I went to use my machine and :

-  The chute deflector is frozen.  This is nothing new, it's always frozen when I go to use the machine
   but thaws out after a few minutes (I thoroughly oiled the deflector cable when I first got the machine).

-  No traction at all.  Put the blower in first, engage the drive, nothing.  Just sits there.  Put it in reverse,
   same thing.  After a while (and whatever frost is being thawed off the drive plate) traction slowly
   returns to normal.

-  But, before any of this, I start the engine and it immediately starts over-revving.  I managed to get
   the engine speed back down by putting full choke with the throttle barely open.  Turn the machine
   off, play with the governor (which luckily you can get at without removing anything) until it loosens
   up.  Restart and everything is fine.  Suffice it to say that if my wife had started it the engine would
   now be toast.

Another point against Ariens, I'd say.   It looks like they intend for their machines to remain nice and cozy
in a heated location between uses.  They should have written this in the user's manual.

Paul P
Replies: 17 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42