Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need Part Number for a Replacement Engine for a Snapper Model V212P

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrd182

Need Part Number for a Replacement Engine for a Snapper Model V212P
Original Message   Dec 20, 2008 2:14 pm
Existing motor is a B&S 3.5HP Model 92905 Type 1825-01 Code 77083004.   I have tried the B&S site and could not find a correct replacement.

Any direction on how to research for a direct replacement engine would be greatly appreciated.  I have had the mower for 16 years, I bought it used

it has been a great mower but the engine is pooped.

Replies: 20 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jrd182

Re: Need Part Number for a Replacement Engine for a Snapper Model V212P
Reply #20   Jan 17, 2009 12:54 pm
mml4 wrote:
John- Sounds like you have an engine without the blade brake mechanism. Good for you. It also sounds as if the carb  linkage shorts out the ignition when you go to low motor  just as the Briggs did. One thing occured to me -did you check to make sure the shaft length and diameter are the same as the Briggs? If so you are almost there. Taking the blade adapter and the pulley off the Briggs and putting it on the Tecumseh is the next hurdle. My first Tech had key way in the shaft but my blade adapter had set screws I put the adapter on and marked where the screws contacted the shaft. I then filed some flat spots on the shaft where the screws from the adapter contacted it. As I said I did this a while ago and it is the second repower so I forget if the  blade adapter had a key as well. I also remember having a hard time the first time getting the adapter off the Briggs.

If memory serves me  on the second repower I went to the mower shop and bought an updated blade adapter because I didn't want to go through the trouble of trying to get the old one off. It can be done but it is a pain.

Marc    

Marc, The shaft dia. and length are exactly the same on the old Briggs and the new 840.  My 840 has a keyway the full length of the shaft and at 90 degrees from that full length keyway are two individual slots for woodruff keys.  I have already fitted the blade adapter with woodruff key in the lower of the two individual slots and it fits perfect.  The only problem left is removing the old engine pulley from the Briggs.  It has a set screw holding it and it is stripped out.  It may also have a woodruff key can't tell yet.  I may have to get a new engine pulley if I can't get the set screw out.  Marc, I can't thank you enough for all your help, I really appreciate it.

John

mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Re: Need Part Number for a Replacement Engine for a Snapper Model V212P
Reply #21   Jan 17, 2009 7:37 pm
John- It's been my pleasure!! I'm glad the shaft is the right size. Wait till you get that puppy running. You are not going to believe the difference between it and the Briggs. If you can get your hands on a tach try and set the governor to about 3550. I don't mean to lecture but be careful about the fuel- I can't tell you how many times I almost forgot to mix in oil . In addition I found the Snapper blades to be much better than the after market. They are much lighter and my engine runs better . Worth the extra $ in my opinion. 

Getting the old pulley off after all those years is going to be tough-probably not worth the effort..

Please let us know how you like it.

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 20 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42