Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Heard alot on Murray, MTD (Craftsman) thoughts on Agri Fab?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Grigsby

Pants?!

Heard alot on Murray, MTD (Craftsman) thoughts on Agri Fab?
Original Message   Jan 16, 2005 9:03 pm
I have been lurking here for a few months and have ordered a snow thrower today from Sears.  Have to be honest it was simply how much credit that Sears has given me that drove most of my decision.  I am a relatively new home owner and have had very good experience so far with Craftsman OPE. 

I have a 130' asphalt drive with a 30x40 concrete parking space.  I also have 300 feet of sidewalk (which I have ignored so far, bad, bad neighbor)  that may become 500 in a year or two.  I also have had many back and groin injuries which have finally made me admit my limits and driven me to buy another expensive toy/tool. 

I ordered the Craftsman 071887900 (has Tecumseh, non SnowKing apparently, never been Tec fan anyway) which might have been the focus of the Toro vs Craftsman thread earlier.  The model number is supposedly Agri Fab as Mfr.  and I wondered if anyone knew about this line.  I did not realize until today that every item in my garage from Craftsman that I like (including attachments for Lawn Tractor) have the Agri Fab mfr model number.  I don't know much about them or if they are anything more than a shell for Sears.  I need to say that MTD at some point was the same as White which was a quality company in the Cleveland area before I was born.  They claim that some items coming out under the White name will again be good quality equipment.  I won't hold my breath.  Well, I went on a bit for my first post.  Please, educate me if you can.

Lawn: Craftsman LTX1000 (21 hp B&S Intek V-Twin) Snow: Craftsman #07188790 Generator: Craftsman 5600
Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Grigsby

Pants?!

Re: Heard alot on Murray, MTD (Craftsman) thoughts on Agri Fab?
Reply #10   Jan 16, 2005 10:44 pm
I don't have the number messed up or altered Check it here and have found a few sites listing the 071 prefix as Agri Fab Here and Here.  I don't pretend to know for certain.

Hopefully I set the links correctly. 

Lawn: Craftsman LTX1000 (21 hp B&S Intek V-Twin) Snow: Craftsman #07188790 Generator: Craftsman 5600
Grigsby

Pants?!

Reply #11   Jan 16, 2005 10:47 pm
Heck, am I looking at the wrong number this whole time?  I am just regurging site info rather than checking on the blower which I can't do until I have it.   Sorry if it is just so far off.

Grigsby

Pants?!

Reply #12   Jan 16, 2005 10:59 pm
I don't know.  I found more  links Link like this one showing full mowers and other similar devices along with Sears giving awards to Agri Fab as one of their top partners this last year.  Set me straight.  I will hold my crazy uninformed posts until later.  Too much energy for 11pm.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #13   Jan 16, 2005 11:03 pm
Your second "here" and my site show the same thing.

I'm getting to be under the impression you have to look at the machine or a whole number that the web doesn't give? Because, that first 071 is also the first three numbers on many lawn tractors and I know for a fact they are not made by Agri fab. We need the first three of a model # or Manufacture Model #. That other number is a Sears Item number.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #14   Jan 16, 2005 11:04 pm
I still think it is MTD made.

The model # on the frame will ultimately tell the tale.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Emmo

Reply #15   Jan 16, 2005 11:07 pm
I go along with the MTD,   if it is  the unit with power steering, and the model #07188790000 is correct, I'll bet a sawbuck it's MTD.  Someone here said that the only place you'll see the mfg code is on the serial plate.  Sears doesn't use them in the model #''s in catalogs or on the web.
Marshall

Reply #16   Jan 16, 2005 11:10 pm
Emmo wrote:
I go along with the MTD,   if it is  the unit with power steering, and the model #07188790000 is correct, I'll bet a sawbuck it's MTD.  Someone here said that the only place you'll see the mfg code is on the serial plate.  Sears doesn't use them in the model #''s in catalogs or on the web.
Agreed Emmo, we don't have the info available on Sears site.
Marshall

Reply #17   Jan 16, 2005 11:12 pm
Grigsby, go the garage and get the whole #. LOL
field70

Reply #18   Jan 17, 2005 12:04 am
If the model # starts with 247, it is MTD. That is the model # on your owners manual or on the plate on the blower. It should be like this 247.887900. I think Murry is 513 in place of the 247. If it is the track model, it is MTD. I don't believe AGRIFAB make snowblowers, only tractor pull behind things.
This message was modified Jan 17, 2005 by field70

"to error is human, to forgive is canine".
jubol

Reply #19   Jan 17, 2005 6:15 am
  Grigsby,

The Sears model you ordered is an MTD machine, because the model number starts with a 31AE, which is MTD!

I have an MTD made blower, which is great for me and where I live.

But for you in the" Lake Effect Snow area", you need either an Ariens, toro, Simplcity, or Snapper!

Fred 

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42