Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > blizzard warning - yeah

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Clay

blizzard warning - yeah
Original Message   Jan 12, 2009 5:30 pm
Only a guy who posts on a snowthower forum would look forward to a blizzard.  From tonight through tomorrow a true blizzard warning.  glad to have the snow cab and a machine that likes to play in the snow.
Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jb007gd

Re: blizzard warning - yeah
Reply #8   Jan 13, 2009 7:46 pm
Clay wrote:
That was a cool video Jay, what is the impeller kit that you spoke of.  I could probably do a Google search, but thought that I would prefer to hear about it from someone that owns it instead of someone trying to sell something. 

The Impeller Kit is called a "Clarence Impeller Kit" and I learned about it from just searching around the web and reading up on snowblowers during the time that elapsed between me buying my snowblower and actually getting to use it. There are some videos that reference it on YouTube, and other sites have mentioned it as well. Pretty much all the feedback I've seen has been positive, so I figured for $30 it was worth a shot. The kit is basically four rubber paddles and mounting hardware that allows you to extend your impeller blades so they actually touch the impeller housing. (Apparently Hondas are the only ones that are like this from the factory.) Now I am a newbie and had no experience with using a snowblower before this one so I can't really tell you how much better the thing performs, but I can tell you that my friends are all impressed with it's throwing abilities, especially when it comes to the slushy heavy stuff at the end of the driveway. I can throw it onto the neighbor's apron if I want to. ;-) Not that I would... Hell, I do their driveway anyway just because I enjoy using the machine so much!

Anyway, I most certainly am not a spokesperson for the kit but I really like the power my machine has. If you are interested, here is a link to the guy who sells them. http://smllengns.tripod.com/
Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42