Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dok545

New Snowblower
Original Message   Jan 6, 2009 4:31 pm
Iwas looking on You Tube and ran across a snowblower I've never seen before. I know nothing about putting links on here but if you go to your favorite search engine and type in Wisconsin Engineering SF 1330 you find this blower. It's a tank but expensive. Maybe you guys have seen it before. What do you think?  Glen from Minnesota
Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
krislu

Re: New Snowblower
Reply #9   Jan 10, 2009 12:31 pm
nhmatt wrote:

2.) Hydro transaxle:   This kind of a trans saves a ton of power, so the same size engine will do more work.

It's the opposite, hydros robb engine power.  - Kris  

nhmatt

Re: New Snowblower
Reply #10   Jan 11, 2009 8:30 am
Hydrostatic or hydrodynamic?    Cars are hydrodynamic, and you lose a ton of power through the torque converter.  Hydro lawn equipment don't have this.  There may be loss from the hoses ect.  but I definately know that it won't slip like a wet belt, or the slip-o-matic in my Ariens snowblower.  Theres a ton of power loss coming on both ends of that beast.  Not easy to work on, that much is true.  But its real power, that's why heavy equipment (which is already running a pump so I guess it makes more sense) uses it, and its VERY reliable. 

I say we put in a pump for the auger as well, that way in the spring I can get double use from it as a wood chipper!

Short hoses hose would mean low loss, and a cold enviroment would mean less loss through fluid expansion.  Weight is not really an issue, its not like we're displacing freight in leiu of hydraulic fluid.  I think the loss in power would me more than made up in the direct transfer of power to wheels instead of a friction disc.  Smooth like butta.

This message was modified Jan 11, 2009 by nhmatt
Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42