Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help; New Simplicity 755M - Museum Piece? Price?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
daequitz

Help; New Simplicity 755M - Museum Piece? Price?
Original Message   Jan 4, 2009 9:30 am
Hello! Newbie here. New to this snow scene too having just moved to the Northeast from a warmer climate. I've pretty much decided going the route of a walk-behind blower versus a front blade on the Deere due to expense and convenience. I've looked at several walk-behinds and for my modest needs the Simplicity looks well put together for the money. 

I have my eye on a new Simplicity that the dealer claims is a model 755M. That's fine, however I can't seem to find ANY information on the 755 models either "E" or "M".  I've done both the Internet search and in this forum as well. The only info I can find is out on the Simplicity website and it appears from their posted manuals this model hasn't been made since the turn of the century (around 2000)! I'm thnking that can't be right.......what am I missing?? I'm okay with picking up a new prior year blower if it's a solid machine and the price is right. I just need to be able to blow wet snow a few times a year.

This dealer was very helpful and spent a lot of time with me going through all of the ins and outs of snowblowing. I noted too that the sales borchure he handed me has a model i7524e listed as the closest match to what was on the showroom floor. Finally, the sale price is $999 plus tax lubed and delivered. Good deal or not???

Sorry for being long winded. I plan on calling the dealer back this week with this concern, but any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies: 17 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
daequitz

Re: Help; New Simplicity 755M - Museum Piece? Price?
Reply #17   Jan 8, 2009 9:11 pm
borat wrote:
I agree.  That's a $700.00 machine at best.   Simplicity must have hired the marketing director from Toro to sell that model.  More name than machine....

I agree. I've moved on. I'm still learning. Just found out too the walk-behind units with the locked axle can be a bear to turn. And why did Simplicity discontinue their Free Hand control on the their new model 924 Intermediate replacement?? The prior year models all had it.......I had a John Deere dealer tell me today that Deere doesn't sell snow throwers anymore? It appears you can still buy one off of the Deere website, although I didn't push the "buy" botton so I'm not sure what would happen if you tried. Still looking.........hmm, what about an Ariens 924 DLE with the Tecumseh Snow King engine?
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: Help; New Simplicity 755M - Museum Piece? Price?
Reply #18   Jan 9, 2009 2:31 am
Just saw JD 1130 snowblower at LOWES tonight for $1499.00
This message was modified Jan 9, 2009 by hirschallan

Replies: 17 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42