Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Oil Change on Honda 24" track snow blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Muskokaphotog

Oil Change on Honda 24" track snow blower
Original Message   Jan 8, 2009 12:11 pm
Where the bleep is the oil drain? How much oil does it take?
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Muskokaphotog

Re: Oil Change on Honda 24" track snow blower
Reply #5   Jan 8, 2009 12:41 pm
Chains on the Simplicity aren't recommended due to the size of the wheel. What it comes down to is that the 38 is huge compared to the little wheels and the big track on the 24. Dealer suggested screwing small screws into the lugs.
aa335

Re: Oil Change on Honda 24" track snow blower
Reply #6   Jan 8, 2009 12:42 pm
Underdog wrote:
I keep the rubber on my tracks clean. I keep oils, gas and other solvents off the rubber. Someone told me not to use products containing silicon on them so I don't but to be honest the silicon thing may be just heresay.  I keep them clean and stored out of the sun and off the ground.  My tracks are original (1986) and have almost no cracks. The rest of the drive system is really identical to the wheeled version and if worse came to worse you could swap over to wheels I imagine.  Have you tried chains on your simplicity. That might do the trick.

Good to hear that your original tracks are still holding up fine.  I don't know about silicone attacking the rubber, never heard of that one.  However, solvent based products tends to dry out the rubber causing cracks.   Tracked to wheel conversion would be possible, since they are built on the same chassis.  However, getting parts to convert over may be costly, as with any Honda products.

I don't have a Simplicity, it was one of the model I was considering of purchasing.  They are great snowblowers.  I'm allured by the Pro models with the eye candy channel handle bar and electric chute, but any large frame Simplicity is fine too.  I don't think I'll put chains on my wheels because I think they beat up the pavement too much.  I do have a Honda HS1132 with tracks. 

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42