Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BSSCAI

snowblower
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 7:50 pm
I just purchased a new Husqvarna 9hp snowblower in November 2008.  From the first time I used it it seem to have a miss when it not under a load.  When I am finished using the snowblower and I slide the throttle to off the engine backfires.  I thought that maybe I was turning it off too quickly, but when I slide it off slowley it still backfires.  I brought it back to the dealer I was told that is the way they run due to EPA standards, and there is no carburator to adjust.  Is this true? or am I being brushed off by the dealer.  Should I take it back to the dealer and insist it be corrected or will I have to live with a backfiring, missing engine forever.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Clay

Re: snowblower
Reply #1   Jan 7, 2009 8:29 pm
Huskys can come with either a B&S or a Tecumseh engine.  Which one do you have?
pvrp

Reply #2   Jan 7, 2009 9:02 pm
My Tecumseh 10hp L-head does that often enough.  If it's dark out you can see the
flames shooting out of the muffler.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Paul
BSSCAI

Reply #3   Jan 26, 2009 5:20 pm
Clay wrote:
Huskys can come with either a B&S or a Tecumseh engine.  Which one do you have?

Sorry Clay, I have not been at my computer so I did not see your reply until now.  My Husqvarna has a Tecumseh engine.  Any other help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob
Coldfingers

Reply #4   Jan 26, 2009 6:03 pm
I had a john deere with an L head tecumseh when they first came out with non adjustable carbs and that one ran awful but back then (12 years ago) they went and changed the carb out with a fully adjustable one but I suppose now days they don't have them any more.

Coldfingers
Santaclause

Reply #5   Jan 27, 2009 7:43 am
very normal for a techuseh to backfire and spit or miss once in awhile
nibbler

Reply #6   Jan 27, 2009 3:43 pm
Did you turn the choke off once the engine was going?

Been there, done that, got the red face.
trouts2

Reply #7   Jan 27, 2009 4:31 pm
BSSCAI

You have a new machine.  What  you have described does is not  normal or what you paid for.   A lean running EPA carb should not behave like that.  You don't have a several old Tecumseh with the expected occasional burps.   

BSSCAI

Reply #8   Jan 27, 2009 8:54 pm
Do you know of a phone number for a technician at Tecumseh that I can call?  I would like to take some information back to the shop where I bought the blower to let them know that something can be done to my 9hp Tecumseh on this Husqvarna snowblower.  Something to ease the missing and backfiring.  Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42