Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > HM80 ignition missing - now I have spark! but nothing else

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pldawg

HM80 ignition missing - now I have spark! but nothing else
Original Message   Jan 4, 2009 11:57 pm
I just received a non-working Jacobsen Imperial 826 and where there should be a key to turn on and off the machine there is nothing but a wire.  This snowblower has an HM80 engine and there is not a spark produced.  I can post pictures if there is anything you would like to see to help, I'd like to just put a rocker switch on but I am not really sure what else might be required.

Thanks in advance!
This message was modified Jan 5, 2009 by pldawg
Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
pldawg

Re: HM80 ignition missing
Reply #5   Jan 5, 2009 6:06 pm
Excellent, thanks for the help, I was able to find the right size shear pin and I will post back tonight if I can get anything to work!  Thanks again!
pldawg

Re: HM80 ignition missing
Reply #6   Jan 5, 2009 10:16 pm
Ok, so I definitely have spark now.  the carburetor is leaking from the main nozzle when I prime it more than a couple times.  So it leaks out the main nozzle and then drips out the back of the choke part of the carburetor.

I have taken the carburetor apart but I will have to look around for a rebuild kit, probably all gone in town.  Anything specific that I should be looking to replace in the carb?
This message was modified Jan 6, 2009 by pldawg
pldawg

Re: HM80 ignition missing - now I have spark! but nothing else
Reply #7   Jan 9, 2009 1:23 pm
Thanks for all your help trouts2, I probably wouldn't have figured out the spark issue if you hadn't sent me the scenarios...I really appreciate it and after a good carb cleaning the blower runs like a champ!!!  Thanks again for all of you help.
trouts2

Re: HM80 ignition missing - now I have spark! but nothing else
Reply #8   Jan 9, 2009 7:18 pm

Pldawg,

Nice work.  You’ve got yourself a great machine at a great price.  It may not toss as far as a new machine but it will dig in better than most and probably match or beat newer machines on throughput. 

David

Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42