Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Hard to pull and start Ariens snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gslpro

Hard to pull and start Ariens snowblower
Original Message   Jan 1, 2009 1:17 pm
Hello all.  I picked up another snowblower at the beginning of this season.  It is a Ariens 7hp 30" cut w/ the H70 engine.  I had a hard time pull starting it.  It would pull nice and smooth, and then very hard like binding.  I could pull up, and if it binded, I would lift the maching right off of the ground pulling the cord (and destroying my shoulder).  I bought an electric start, but it just engages and then gets stuck and trips out my 2000 watt generator.  I could start my 5 hp Ariens off the generator and also a 750 watt inverter hooked up to the car battery.  BTW, I have no electricity in the garage I rent, so that is why the generator comes into play. 

For the hard pulling, any ideas?  Once it is running, it runs great.  I will probably opt for a replacement intek from small engine warehouse if it is something major, but I hate to do that if it is something silly.

You guys seem to have quite an information database going on here, so I figured I would ask.  Thanks,

-Gary

Worcester, MA

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42