Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens 11528dle vs Honda hs928wc

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mattg1970

ariens 11528dle vs Honda hs928wc
Original Message   Jan 18, 2005 11:06 am
Hi, Next year I will be buying a new blower and I have decided between the two above. I do believe they are both very good machines. I want to know if anyone that owns a hs928 thinks it is underpowered. I noticed the Ariens 11528 has a 11.5 hp and the honda only has a 9hp. I don't mind spending the money on a quality product but I don't want to get something that is underpowered.
Replies: 17 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
wboro

Re: ariens 11528dle vs Honda hs928wc
Reply #17   Dec 21, 2008 2:47 pm
The unit arrived from the dealer "gas-ed and ready-to-go." The unit was stored was in a heated garage. I started it up and tried to use it.

I can see my way past a little bad gas. Having cables ice and freeze on the first outing is a failure at the factory or the dealer when they built / prepped it. I will be speaking with the Ariens Zone Manager regardless of my decision. I am really disappointed.

I need a reliable unit with a chute and deflector that I can readily adjust because of the layout of my yard. That they failed on its first outing, doesn't bode well.

For the difference of a few (more) $$$, I could get a hydro-static drive and unit that weights 100 lbs less.

Let's see, a reliable snowthrower, more nimble and a more advanced transmission (compared with the Ariens slip-o-matic disk system). Keep in mind that I have used Ariens products for going on 30 years. I laid down $2k for a third. I am not walking away from a brand I haven't know or used or years. The bitterness of a failed product is is a powerful factor.

I see a *second* Honda in my garage soon.

Replies: 17 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42