Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Snowthrower Castostraphic Loss of Power

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cmk1967

Toro Snowthrower Castostraphic Loss of Power
Original Message   Dec 20, 2008 8:46 pm
I have had a Toro CCR 2450 snowthrower that has worked great for the past few years.  I've used it a few times this year without incident, but today something went wrong.

I started it up and it started the first pull.  However it reved very high for several seconds and then the running normalized.   This reving was very high and I have never heard it run like that.  It sounded like it was running okay, even when I engaged the blades, but as soon as I hit the snow, the load of the snow really slowed down the engine.  It only threw the snow a few feet at first but then didn't even do that and sounded like the engine was going to quit until I stopped pushing it and it reved up to normal sound again.  Every time I pushed it into the snow the engine would slow way down.  The snowfall I was trying to clear  was about 6 inches deep but this snowthrower has handled even deeper with no problem.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm thinking it might be the carberuator.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42