Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 624E Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
satman

Ariens 624E Snowblower
Original Message   Dec 19, 2008 6:53 pm
Can I add a light to this particular model?  Ariens 624E.  I purchased it at Home Depot.  It is well worth the money so far, but I'd like to see a little better in the EARLY morning. I cannot find a light attachment on any Ariens site.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
lufkin

Re: Ariens 624E Snowblower
Reply #1   Dec 19, 2008 8:08 pm
Hello Satman

I bought a 624E this October.  I don't  think you can add a light as the engine does not have an alternator.  When researching products before my purchase, this was a strike against this model.  Others, such as the mid- line Briggs- powered Simplicity, listed a light as an option.  I have been searching for a battery LED light that I  can mount to the unit.  No luck so far.

By the way, how do you like the machine?  Mine got used for an hour and a half tonight, as I and the neighoburs had to blow out our street just to get in our driveways.

Bill_H

Re: Ariens 624E Snowblower
Reply #2   Dec 20, 2008 12:18 am
If you can't tap power from the engine, how about a bike light? If that's too expensive, pick out a decent flashlight and mount it with two hose clamps - interlock them and put one around the light and one around an upright opposite side of the chute. Even better,  you can make a mounting bracket with two EMT conduit holders by using the hole for a very short bolt & nut to lock them together; size one for the flashlight and one for your tubing. If you need to mount it on a flat panel, mount the conduit holder to a small L bracket and fasten the bracket to the panel with a couple small nuts and bolts - use lockwashers or Loc-Tite.

You're looking at 2 or 3 bucks for mounting hardware, the cost is in the light and batteries. Making a mount that lets you remove the light easily means it can serve double duty in your glovebox/garage/kitchen drawer. Your local Target/Walmart/Sears probably has D or C cell LED lights by Eveready and Duracell, as well as MAG. I prefer Streamlight as they're really tough and have a lifetime warranty, you can find them at a fireman's supply store or online.  Don't cheap out on the light, think of how much vibration it will have to endure - another reason to go LED over a filament bulb.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42