Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens 624e minor problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
butch33

ariens 624e minor problem
Original Message   Dec 17, 2008 9:16 am
I'm not a handyman which is why I took me so long to purchase a snowblower due to my inability to fix a likely simple problem

I tried to check the oil prior to using the blower .However , when I started to open the oil  dipstick cap (yellow cap) the entire neck / cylinder that houses the oil dipstick was rotating in the same direction I was turning .I immediately stopped turning and looked for any noticeable oil leaks and none were to found

I went ahead and did a 20 minute snow clearing just the same figiring maybe the cap would jigg itself a little looser from the cylinder/neck that houses the dipstick but when I tried to unscrew dipstick cap the whole thing still turned with the cap

I dont have a heated garage and live in northern ontario so thawing the machine out isnt an option

anyone have an idea what the problem might be or what to look for as a quick fix  ?

I've always checked the oil prior to usage and its always been perfect level which is why I wasnt too hesitant to use it even though this current problem is occuring -however , sooner or later I'm going to need to get into that spot to change the oil

thanks in advance for any advice

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42