Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 927LE (2008). Annoying chute control

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
coreyn

Ariens 927LE (2008). Annoying chute control
Original Message   Dec 10, 2008 1:37 pm
I had a Ariens 927LE Snow Blower delivered to my home yesterday. I am actually disapointed with the control features. Its my first snow blower, and Ariens reccomended to me as being the best buy for me. I am located in Newfoundland, Canada. Very heavy snowfall amounts

The up and down control is manual that I was aware of but the side to side chute control is in front of the control panel, Its not located in the control panel or underneath. You have to reach over your controls and crank the chute, with a ice auger like handle. My wife, is not very tall and this contol would be quite a challenge when she chooses to use ut. My blower has yet to be started other than a demostration when it was delivered and I am quite sure I will be returning it and buy another blower elsewhere.

in this video I found it will show exactlly what I am referring too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMf5NhnuiZY (around the 49 second mark)

Anyone know why it has a control like this? I was told that it was not on the model the year before. And this is their 75th anniversary. I am not interested in upgrading to a higher model as its too much of an expense.
This message was modified Dec 10, 2008 by coreyn
Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Cannuck

Re: Ariens 927LE. Annoying chute control
Reply #9   Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm
Looking at the same model I was also disappointed at the ackwardness of the chute control.  I played around with the controls at the local box store and was astounded at the placement of this control.  You have to reach over and down with your left hand to operate the chute.  I am not short at 6'3" but still found it ackward.  Good luck in finding a replacement.

Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Ariens 927LE (2008). Annoying chute control
Reply #10   Dec 10, 2008 9:30 pm
This won't solve the basic problem, but if there is a spring with a nut on its lower end underneath the gear mechanism at the end of the crank handle, try loosening it a bit to see if that at least makes it easier to turn

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42