Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > first blower need help, Toro power clear 221qr or Honda hs520A ???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tylerh

first blower need help, Toro power clear 221qr or Honda hs520A ???
Original Message   Dec 8, 2008 10:33 pm
This is my first blower. I cant decide on the Toro 221qr or the Honda HS520A.      Pros of 4 stroke?   Cons?   I am going to go in on halves with my neighbor (no need for two machines) and we need a good reliable blower that will last years and blow some Utah snow. 8 to 10 inches sometimes. Can anyone help make up my mind?    I know the honda has a bigger engine and the prices are about the same in fact the honda is cheaper.  The toro says the it will throw about 30 feet and the honda is a little less. probably the higher reving 2 stroke.  They also have about the same weight.  The quick shoot thing looks pretty cool until it breaks!!!
This message was modified Dec 8, 2008 by tylerh
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Coldfingers

Re: first blower need help, Toro power clear 221qr or Honda hs520A ???
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2008 3:30 pm
Either one would be a good deal, at work we have a toro 3650 gts and at home I have a honda 520a and I like them both for different reasons. The honda is quieter to run, no oil to mix, but you have to change it. The toro is ready to go quicker as the 2 stroke doesn't need to warm up as long, both will blow snow a ways. I don't think you could lose either way!!

Coldfingers
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42