Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Troy-Bilt 3090 or Simplicity L9528E

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
AnthonyT

Troy-Bilt 3090 or Simplicity L9528E
Original Message   Nov 26, 2008 10:44 pm
I'm planning to buy a new snow blower very soon to replace the Yard Machine snow blower that I've used for the past 7 winters.  I was planning to buy a Simplicity L9528E for $1,299 from a local dealer, and decided to take a look at a 28" John Deere, which I understand is made by Simplicity now and is very similar to the L9528E.  While at Lowe's I noticed a Troy-Bilt 3090 snow blower, which is selling for $1,099.  The 3090 has a 305cc B&S engine, just like the JD, and I assume is the same engine that the L9528E is equipped with?  Now I was planning to avoid all MTD machines, given that my Yard Machine has lasted only 7 winters.  But while looking at the T-B 3090, it had a few nice features that the Simplicity doesn't (i.e. heated hand grips, joystick chute control), is $200 cheaper, and I can purchase this weekend with my Lowe's card and avoid interest & payments for 13 months!  I recognize that Simplicity is generally a better-quality machine than MTD's are, but does anyone have any experience with this Troy-Bilt 3090?  The quality appears better to me than the cheaper T-B's that Lowe's has, but I haven't been able to locate any reviews of this T-B 3090.
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
smit

Re: Troy-Bilt 3090 or Simplicity L9528E
Reply #3   Nov 28, 2008 5:10 pm
AnthonyT wrote:
Thanks for your comments.  I decided to buy the 30" John Deere.  The cost was $1,499, which is more than I originally wanted to spend, but I figure I'll have it for a long time.

Congrats on the purchase!  I bough the JD 928E today.  I think the extra we've spent now will be worth it in the long run.  I paid $1300 for mine & the 1038 in my area is going for $1700.  I went looking on Wednesday and they had 3 928's.  When I went in this morning to take a final look before deciding...one of them had a sold ticket on it, another sold over the phone while I was there...leaving only one and no more coming in!  So I made an offer and he accepted.  The Toro dealer wouldn't budge off MSRP on the 826 (don't blame him, he doesn't have to, it'll be sold in the next couple days I'm sure).  SB's are so hard to get this year in Eastern Canada...anywhere really...seems to be shortages everywhere.
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42