Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow blowers: Husqvarna 10527SB-LS or Toro 828 LXE or Simplicity?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aklap

Snow blowers: Husqvarna 10527SB-LS or Toro 828 LXE or Simplicity?
Original Message   Nov 16, 2008 3:07 pm
Hi,

Great forum! I'm in the market for a new blower. My Simplicity 5 hp from 35 years ago is old and tired [it's suffering from severe motor toast - I have to baby it thru deep snow or it kills]

We have a local shop that sells the Husky's and the Toro's. I had been looking at a Toro Power Max 828 LXE too. I probably wouldn't be adverse to another Simplicity either, however there's not a local dealer that sells them.

I like some of the features on the Husky over the Toro... 10.5 hp v 8 hp, Hand warmers [I have issues with my hands], 300.00 cheaper than the Toro.

I am a bit concerned on the Husky about the diameter of the snow chute where it exits the 2nd stage. It's maybe 5-6" in diameter -smaller than others I've looked at. I wonder if it will clog easily. Perhaps there's a reason they include a chisel tool that's clipped on the front. The sales guy said the throw on the Husky was about 20' depending on snow conditions. He also said slushy snow will clog [it'll do that on any blower I suspect].

Does anyone have a Husky? Just looking for some input.

Thanks much!!

Al
This message was modified Nov 16, 2008 by aklap
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
aklap

Re: Snow blowers: Husqvarna 10527SB-LS or Toro 828 LXE or Simplicity?
Reply #6   Nov 24, 2008 10:08 pm
Just thought I update this. I decided to pull the trigger on the Husqvarna 10527SB-LS. I went to checkout the Simplicitys - but sadly the dealer was sold out of the higher end models that I was interested in. I was able to look at one [they had a sold unit in the back room]. They were unsure if/when they'd be getting more. Since I didn't want to get stuck I decided to head back to the shop with the Husky. The one I was looking at a few weeks back was still there. It was probably a sign - hopefully it was GOOD sign :-) I will be taking delivery of it on Saturday. Unfortunately we woke up to about 5-6" of snow this morning...

Thanks for everyones help. I'll come back let you know what I think of the Husky.

Al
This message was modified Nov 25, 2008 by aklap
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42