Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > my05 Ariens 926 Pro backfires

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jagr

my05 Ariens 926 Pro backfires
Original Message   Nov 22, 2008 11:04 pm
Hi ,

I'm new here and trying to figure out what the heck happened to my blower.

Today was our first big snow of the season, and I had just finished changing the oil.

Fresh gas and away I went. After awhile the engine started to back fire then would quit after a bit. I let it sit for awhile but it is still doing it.

I do remember tilting the blower upwards at quite an angle when it was running to get it over the bank. Could the plug be fouled ??

I wanted to check the plug but it seems I've got to take the fuel tank off to get a socket in at the proper angle.

Final question....  is ther any online locations to access a service manual for this unit ??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jagr

Re: my05 Ariens 926 Pro backfires
Reply #5   Nov 23, 2008 1:36 pm
thanks for everyone's feedback. It is 926 Pro  from 2005 with a Tecumseh engine.

the angle of the plug in place does not allow enough room for a socket  beneath the side of the tank. The tank def. has to be loosened to get a plug wrench in place.

I never thought of rust as that brown lube or oil was present right from when I bought the unit new.

I'l changed the fuel and see what happens. Then the plug if need be.

Thanks again..

Snowmann

Re: my05 Ariens 926 Pro backfires
Reply #6   Nov 23, 2008 9:25 pm
Check the throttle stop as well to make sure there is nothing shorting it out when the unit is running.
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42