Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > toro 824 xl snow blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pooh

toro 824 xl snow blower
Original Message   Nov 20, 2008 6:05 pm
I have an older toro snowblower (model 824 XL) that I bought used. I removed the plastic cover which exposes the belts and pulleys so I could inspect the belts, etc...  I noticed that when I engaged the belt for the auger the lower main pulley would move up and down. So I then removed the auger body unit from the motor/drive section and noticed that there is some type of bushing with a metal housing (reminds me of a ball and socket) which the main auger shaft runs thru and connects to the lower main pulley . My question is:  should this pulley have any up & down movement at all??? should I replace this bushing? also could someone tell me if there is an exploded view out on the internet that I could look at and be able to oredr the corect part(s) for my year & model snowblower.   Thanks for any help.....    
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
ajallen

Re: toro 824 xl snow blower
Reply #1   Nov 20, 2008 6:44 pm
You can go to www.toro.com to lookup your model just need the model number & serial number (824 XL is not the model number). There should be no up & down movement you need to replace the bearing before the shaft is damaged. Part number of just the bearing is 63-3450 there is an assy part number 12-8789 that is the bearing & both bearing plates if there is any damage to the bearing plates you should replace them too.

AJ

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42