Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS35 won't throw snow

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mazzov

Honda HS35 won't throw snow
Original Message   Nov 15, 2008 2:52 pm
I have a Honda HS35 snow blower that won't throw snow.  The rubber blades are a bit worn but I would think it should throw something.  The machine also operates at a fairly low rpm and when I raise the rpm it will throw snow but just enough to get past the discharge chute.  I want to buy new paddles for it but I want to make sure that is the problem before I go wasting any money.  I have seen video's of these blowers in action and mine doesn't come close.

Thanks for your comments

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Honda HS35 won't throw snow
Reply #1   Nov 16, 2008 1:33 pm
It could be a loose belt.
It could be worn augers. If you try to stick your little finger between the back of the housing and the blade and can't then your blades are fine. If there's a very big gap then it will have a tough time.
Worn augers happen over a very long time and the performance decline hard to notice over a short period. It seems like this is sudden so probably a belt.
trouts2
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42