Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Home Made Leaf Shredder

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
don1

"If you search for a perfect friend without faults . . . you will remain friendless"

Home Made Leaf Shredder
Original Message   Nov 4, 2008 8:32 pm

This is a blower similar to the one I have, except mine has a pully and drive belt to turn fan, instead of direct drive as pictured.

By removing the fan part (looks like a big hamster wheel) from the shaft and installing paddles or string of some kind to the shaft . . . hey, success could be just around the corner!

Of course I would also have to install some kind of mesh or wire grate over the blower end to sift the smaller pieces through. Also, a piece of sheet metal to block one side of blower where motor connects. 

Next would be to install wheels, making it portable. This would be a heavy-duty machine.
Those are my thoughts for now.

Any info would be appreciated.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42