Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Single stage 4-cycle snow blower - Honda HS520AS or Toro 421QE ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
anonymouse

Single stage 4-cycle snow blower - Honda HS520AS or Toro 421QE ?
Original Message   Oct 15, 2008 10:33 pm
After patiently waiting for 20+ years, I am looking to get one of these for the coming winter season. Being in Colorado, I find dry and fluffly snow - we only see 1-2 heavy snows during the season. My 2-car garage driveway and sidewalk is typical, suburban size - no need to get a 2-stage unit. Which one of the two would you recommend? I mainly do not want to struggle with chute adjustment - obviously quality is paramount. I looked at both units and felt that the Toro was more user friendly and easily adjustable. It also fell a little lighter relative to the Honda. Currently the two biggest two pluses for Honda are the legendary engine build and price - the HOnda is approx $150 cheaper than the Toro. Warranty - Toro also gives you a 5 year GTS (guaranteed-to-start) warranty.

One other silly observation - strangely enough, I googled only a handful of the used Toro units being sold on craigslist - I found hundreds of the HOnda units for sale. I wonder why? Your responses/recommendations gratefully appreciated!

This message was modified Oct 19, 2008 by anonymouse
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
SnowBadger

Re: Single stage 4-cycle snow blower - Honda HS520AS or Toro 421QE ?
Reply #1   Nov 3, 2008 2:01 pm
I recently purchased the Honda HS520AS.  Haven't had to use it yet, but I think I like it because it seems simple enough to use and doesn't take up much space.  Got a lot of positive feedback from folks who do service that you can't go wrong with a Honda Engine.  So, that was the deciding factor for me.

Good luck.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42