Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman II mower won't start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JohnnieD

Craftsman II mower won't start
Original Message   Oct 10, 2008 12:48 pm
Hi, I recently inherited a Craftsan II walk behind (self-propelled)mower model 917 372800, 5.5 GTS, OHV. I have cleaned the carb, bowl using fresh gas and oil and everything seems as it should be but..... maybe this is a dumb question, but, do i have to have the blade installed for it to start/ run? I was trying to see if i could get it going before spending money on it. (it came with no blade)
Thanks,
JD
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DSIMONE1

Re: Craftsman II mower won't start
Reply #3   Nov 2, 2008 11:23 am
I too agree with BORAT! The blade has to be installed to start and most manufactures will tell you in the owners manual not to start it without a blade installed! All of the newer machines have low oil cut-off switches etc which will also keep the engine from starting until you add the lubricant required!

If you have fuel, air, and spark- the engine should run! If it doesn't then you're missing one of those three components! Seeing it's an "older" machine I would be inclined to check the compression also especially if it has sat around for a long period without running! If it wasn't fogged I would not be hesitant to think you may have some other issues that require attention!

Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42