Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 8 hp throttle/governor problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
editfred

Ariens 8 hp throttle/governor problem
Original Message   Dec 12, 2007 4:20 pm
I have a pretty old Ariens 924 that I'm trying to keep running. I'm fed up paying the local repair shop to keep it running, so I'm trying to get it working myself. The latest problem is that the throttle doesn't move because the governor linkage is keeping it frozen in place. When the engine is shut off, the governor shaft moves properly, but once the engine is running, it takes so much force to push it that the throttle doesn't move. I'm new to small engine repair, but if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone can recommend a good manual for servicing this thing, please let me know. I have a Haynes manual, which is pretty useless.

Thanks in advance.
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Leinad

Re: Ariens 8 hp throttle/governor problem
Reply #6   Oct 28, 2008 8:27 pm
Do you still have this Snow Blower? I need a picture of the throttle spring linkage :-) I cleaned the carburator but forgot were to put the spring!!! lol
Thanks!
Replies: 6 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42