Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
airhog

Problem
Original Message   Oct 14, 2008 8:59 pm
I have a tecumseh HS40 engine that hunts at all rpm's low or high. I have removed the carb and cleaned it, removed all needles for cleaning, checked the float for leaking(seems ok), adjusted the float level with a 11/64 drill bit, used a base setting of 1.5 turns for the high speed needle and 1 turn for the low speed. Adjusted the engine while running at high speed and low. After this it still wants to hunt at all speeds.
What should I do next. Does it need a carb kit? Do I need to adjust the governor linkage. Any help is appreciated.

Do not know what my next step should be.
Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
airhog

Re: Problem
Reply #8   Oct 19, 2008 10:49 pm
Good News!

The engine is running like a champ. I removed the high speed needle and tube and cleaned out the two passages in the tube. I also replaced the rubber O ring on the high speed needle as it was deformed and cracked. After a quick prime and a pull the engine sang like a champ at all RPM levels. Under load the governor worked perfect.

Thanks for all your help.

friiy

Re: Problem
Reply #9   Oct 20, 2008 12:16 pm
Friiy  :)
Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42