Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Standard Dual Handle Interlock Control System

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
leo6274

Standard Dual Handle Interlock Control System
Original Message   Oct 6, 2008 3:08 pm
I bought an Ariens 624e late in the season very good decision.  My dual handle interlock no longer works and I con not see what makes the mechanisim fuction.  also while operating the cable came off of the throttle control handle.  Any advice on how to fix.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: Standard Dual Handle Interlock Control System
Reply #1   Oct 6, 2008 9:00 pm
Sounds like something is bent (one of the flat plates welded to the cross shaft?). There are few parts in the interlock to fail. It's a pretty simple system. What exactly is it doing or not doing? Also, make sure the return spring is connected on the right side.

Cable on the throttle control? You must mean the drive clutch right? There is no remote throttle control, it's on the engine. I think the piece you are referring to is a push-nut on the clutch paddle. If it's not put on straight with the proper tool during the faxctory assembly they don't hold well. You could get one of these at a hardware store in a pinch.

You should call Ariens technical support. They'll send you to a dealer for service if needed. That's what the warranty is for.
This message was modified Oct 6, 2008 by Snowmann
iLikeOrange

Reply #2   Oct 7, 2008 7:59 am
My interlock did not work properly from the start on my 926dle. Sometimes worked, sometimes not. The problem was a cam on the interlock. I had to file the flat portion on the cam slightly to allow the locking plate to fall into position. A bit of dry lube here may also help.

Snowmann

Reply #3   Oct 7, 2008 10:48 am
iLikeOrange wrote:
My interlock did not work properly from the start on my 926dle. Sometimes worked, sometimes not. The problem was a cam on the interlock. I had to file the flat portion on the cam slightly to allow the locking plate to fall into position. A bit of dry lube here may also help.

The system on that model is quite a bit different....

leo6274

Reply #4   Oct 8, 2008 11:10 am
Thank you for your help. 
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42