Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST524 Over rev when using electric start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
appleton71

Ariens ST524 Over rev when using electric start
Original Message   Sep 3, 2008 5:33 pm
A couple years ago when starting our Ariens ST524 for the season's first snow fall, I had a heck of a time trying to get it to run with the electric start (which never happens).  When it finally did start, the engine raced at several hundred rpm higher than normal.  It was turning so fast I thought for sure it was going to blow up.  The throttle control had no effect but luckily the key did.  I let it sit for a while as the foam dissapated from the oil and then proceeded to pull-start it.  It ran fine and I've been afraid to use the electric start ever since.  What would have caused the over-revving with the electric start?

Thanks!

Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
appleton71

Re: Ariens ST524 Over rev when using electric start
Reply #2   Sep 4, 2008 6:18 am
That makes sense, especially since I've never used a fuel stabilizer and it was the first start of the season.  Normally I run the fuel out of the system but if I remember right, I just shut it off that year.

Thanks for the help!

Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42