Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Is Freewheel Steering on the Toro Powermax snowblower necessary?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
joed

Is Freewheel Steering on the Toro Powermax snowblower necessary?
Original Message   Sep 1, 2008 6:57 pm
I am going to be purchasing a snowblower in the next month.  I've narrowed my choices down to two:

1. Toro 826LE with a 250 cc Briggs Snowmax OHV engine.  These just came out this year. 222 lbs.  $1399 Canadian

2. Toro 828LE with a 318cc Tecumseh L-head engine.  249 lbs.     $1620 Canadian.

I'd really prefer the 826LE due to the Briggs OHV engine but this model does not have freewheel steering whereas the 828LE has freewheel steering but a Tecumseh engine of which I'm not a fan.  The 826 would also more easily fit through a section of my patio that's only 31" wide.

I'm looking for advice as to whether the freewheel steering is really necessary.

Thank you.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42