Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > SnowBlower recommendation - Brand suggestions

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
srgallan

SnowBlower recommendation - Brand suggestions
Original Message   Sep 1, 2008 12:21 pm
To all,

I was wondering if I could get perhaps a little input, I have done some searching since January on purchasing a snowblower and used this forum quite a bit.  I am down to a couple of brands/models and was hoping for a little input.  I have only chosen these models due to availability/pricing and requirements, many brands like snapper/simplicity/Husq and Poulan for some reason are unavailable/not found yet in my area (200Km radius).

I am looking for approx 27-30 inch bucket with anywhere from 9 - 11 HP (not sure of Torque conversion), I am not much for features so hand warmers, auto-chute and power steering are of no real concern to me at the moment.  I am still young enough to tough it out (except shoveling :-) )and don't want to spend more than I need for comfort options right now and just want reasonable reliability.

Craftsman 13.5 torque B&S OHV, 27 inch - $1,299 - I have no model number (Made by AYP)???
Ariens 927LE 9HP Tec L, 27 inch - $1,149 (From HD, local retailer has the same one for more money and further distance)
MTD brands, numerous names like MTD, YardMan, YardMachine, Troy - 999 - 1,299 (Most widely available in my area) ips

I am trying to get some pricing (CAD) on a John Deere 928E (Frontier Equp??) but have no information on that yet, the dearler is almost walking distance from my house.  Unfortunately the local Toro dealership I find way to expensive, the cheapest was an 8HP for $1,899 and price was not flexible so ruled it out.  Same reason for ruling out a honda, I like there cars and have one myself but ther blowers seem overpriced to me. 

I can also get a used 12 year old Noma 10 HP tec/30 inch for about $300, needs some work and has some rust but apparently blows snow as is.  I don't mind picking away at a machine but I don't want to be fixing it all over winter with the work schedules of my wife and I.

Right now I am leaning towards the Ariens from HD when they have their purchase snowblower get a gift card special which should be between now and the 2nd week of Oct, I have a heated garage to store it in the winter.

Thoughts?

Tired of shoveling!
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42