Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deer Backup Switch

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
racingbuff

John Deer Backup Switch
Original Message   Aug 3, 2008 11:34 pm
I recently purchased a John Deer LA105 lawn tractor.  It has the usual lockout switch so you can't back up without pushing the switch to keep the blades running.  I have no children at home or pets so the switch for me is rather a nuisance.  Does anyone know how to disable the switch?

Thanks

Ariens 926DLE Snowblower; Scotts Lawn Tractor; Stihl Leaf  Blower; Poulan 18" Chainsaw, John Deere A105 Lawn Tractor
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
al_in_nh

Re: John Deer Backup Switch
Reply #1   Aug 7, 2008 6:24 pm
While the tractor is off, have someone step on the reverse pedal.  Follow the link from the pedal to the rear of the tractor behind the hitch plate and you will see it operate a switch back there when the reverse pedal is depressed.  You will have to adjust the link back there so it wont touch the switch.   If you cant figure out how to do it then you can pull the wire plug off the switch and put a heavy jumper wire across the the plug you pull off.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42