Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > old tecumseh ohv12

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gudgean

old tecumseh ohv12
Original Message   Jun 11, 2008 11:15 am
i have an old dynamark lawn tractor. it has a tecumseh 12 horse ohv 12 model number 202714a. i just got in a trade on a antique motorcycle basket case.i did  a good cleaning of the carb and cant get it to stop surging.the governor surges back and forth and the carb sometimes spits back.do i need to rebuild the carb?do i need to adjust the valves?what are the specs and part numbers?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
friiy

Re: old tecumseh ohv12
Reply #1   Jun 11, 2008 9:50 pm
Your carb is still dirty, try re-cleaning the main jet.  make sure carb cleaner is flows throught the small holes near the throttle butterfly in the carb throat.  (they control the idle mixure).

your engine is running too lean at low speed,  the govenor is opening up to reestablish speed,  it trys to rev on the higher throttle setting and recorrects back to the lower speed it can't maintain.

it will surge untill the low speed jet delivers fuel at the right amount..

The low speed jet receives all of it's fuel from the main jet "plumming"  (the calibrated hole in the carb post sticking into the bowl, or threaded jet into it)

Good Luck

Friiy

Parts ipc  cut/paste

http://www.outdoordistributors.com/pdf/Tecumseh/TECUMSEH-MODEL-OHV12-202714A-PARTS-LIST.pdf

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42