Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Customizing my honda snowthrower (hs520A)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tinasmith

Customizing my honda snowthrower (hs520A)
Original Message   May 5, 2008 8:42 pm
I recently moved to a snowy area, and bought the honda snowthrower (hs520A) to deal with my driveway.  Its great - except one thing.  the user has to manually lift the back end one inch the entire time you are using it or the blades will not clean all the way down to the driveway - leaving that one inch of slush....  no good.

I was thinkign that it would be great if I could customize it so that it lifts itself.  (sorta like my old hand push mower that has adjustments at the wheels to manually change the height of the mower.).

Anyone have any ideas?

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
wally_84

Re: Customizing my honda snowthrower (hs520A)
Reply #3   Jun 3, 2008 3:44 pm
I would check with a local dealer. I have had this problem with tracked models, but those have a sort of pedal/lever on the back side of them that you step on and it locks the unit down, causing the front drag edge to bite down hard to the surface. You could also check the drag edge, maybe it needs to be adjusted or replaced.
This message was modified Jun 3, 2008 by wally_84
mech12

Re: Customizing my honda snowthrower (hs520A)
Reply #4   Jun 4, 2008 2:22 pm
   paint really cool flames and put some skulls on it...............
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42