Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Troy-bilt Lawn Mower question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JRDNOLAND

Troy-bilt Lawn Mower question
Original Message   May 9, 2008 7:00 pm
I have a 2 year old Troy-bilt  walk behind  lawn mower, this would run 5 plus min. Then it stalls and quits. I let it set for another 5 mins. then starts up and then stalls in 5 mins again. Any idea what is going wrong with it?

Thanks in Advance!
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
friiy

Re: Troy-bilt Lawn Mower question
Reply #1   May 10, 2008 1:45 am
Just a guess that your gas cap may not be venting air into the tank as fuel is drawn out.

When it starts to stall try loosening the fuel capdoes it recover?  OR after it quits  do you hear a small rush of air into the tank from around the cap?

I have sean the cap vent hole crust up with dirt or sometimes the vent spalsh guard/ foam in the cap is missing and someone puts a peice of rubber or some gasket material in the cap that covers the vent hole.

Just a place to start,  what engine does it have?

Good Luck,

Friiy

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42