Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Deere JA60 Mulch Plug? mid-90s model. PN needed.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
67L48

Deere JA60 Mulch Plug? mid-90s model. PN needed.
Original Message   May 5, 2008 3:40 pm
I have a Deere JA60 walk-behind mower.  First of all, this is an amazing mower.  Bought it new from the JD dealer back in 1997.  I barely take care of it -- change the oil about once ever 3 years, have never looked at the spark plug, and only store it dry if happens to run out of gas on the last mow of the season.  Keep it in the garage, but in CO, temps go below freezing in the garage.  It has never, ever failed to start on the first pull after sitting the winter.  It's a beast, too.  Goes through tall, wet grass like a tractor.  The aluminum deck is fabulous and I cannot imagine why steel deck mowers are even made today.  10+ years and not a spot of rust!  I just noticed that in 2008, deere doesn't even offer an aluminum deck mower.  What a shame.  Maybe I got a flukey good machine, because I otherwise cannot imagine why the JA6x line of mowers didn't become a defacto standard.

Anyway, enough of that.  I want to convert my mower into a mulching machine ... or at least I want to give it a try.  I cannot, however, find any online info via the deere website.  They have info on the JA62 and some on the JX75.  When I bought my JA60, I'm pretty sure that they all shared the same deck and dimensions and only differed by engine and transmission.  However, I think there were a couple of more iterations of the JA62 and JX75 and I have no idea if the deck dimensions changed.  For those two mowers, deere calls out PN M112582 as the mulch plug.  Also calls out M125413 as the mulch blade.  I'm pretty sure that the blade is correct, but not sure of the plug.

Anyone with any confirmation.  Otherwise I'll ask the dealer -- the online parts center at deere.com states that they have a plug in stock.  Suppose I'll just see if it fits.  Otherwise, I'm pretty sure that the dealer won't have a clue about the old JA60 push mower.

Thanks.

This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42