Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > power pro lawnmower won't start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mtholden

power pro lawnmower won't start
Original Message   May 5, 2008 9:14 am
I bought a used Power Pro lawnmower with Tecumseh engine in a garage sale this weekend.  When I use the primer bulb, it doesn't seem like any fuel is getting to the engine.  If I spray engine starter into the air intake, it fires right up, but dies immediately b/c no fuel.  Could the problem be as simple as a new primer bulb?

Marc

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
friiy

Re: power pro lawnmower won't start
Reply #1   May 5, 2008 9:19 am
Carefully take the bowl off the carb, clean the main jet and bowl.   Flush the tank..

Good Luck,

Friiy

mtholden

Reply #2   May 7, 2008 10:04 am
So you think that the problem is more likely in the carburetor and not the priming bulb?  Would it make sense to try replacing the the bulb first, or is that just a waste of time?

Marc

friiy

Reply #3   May 7, 2008 10:15 am
The primer bulb blasts a shot of air into the carb bowl,  forceing a small amount of fuel up into the  the carb throat  via the main jet.

If the main jet is plugged, the fuel will not not make it up into the venturi.. Clean the carb first, if the primer bulb is rotting away in your hand, change it.

Good Luck,

Friiy 

mtholden

Reply #4   May 7, 2008 3:29 pm
great.  I'll give it a go.  Thanks for the advice.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42