Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > NEW need input

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ledoux

NEW need input
Original Message   May 1, 2008 2:39 pm
Hi I have been thinking about  taking a Small Engine corispondance corse. does any body  have any input on this?  are they worth the money and if so what is the best  one
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ledoux

Re: NEW need input
Reply #3   May 4, 2008 12:22 am
Thank you both for your reply's I am 61 and was thinking It would be a good idea just to make some extra money.  I have allways enjoyed tinkering with engines. I have never been a mechanic but like the challange of seeing if I could get something running again. So I guess I will take the course, you are never too old to learn something new. Thank's again.
trouts2

Reply #4   May 4, 2008 9:11 am
A course could be useful even if not so great. It shoud have a set of materials and study guides to organize the topics. You'll get you a background in various areas of small engines and become aware of things that a seat of the pants approach won't cover. For example most tinkerors won't know about a needle valve seat. <BR> <BR> As a supplement for small engines there's some fantastic short video's on UTube about small engine rebuild and repair. Some are done professionally and others by guys at home. Some of the one's done by backyard guys are excellent. Many of the presentations are organized well and have great camera shots that track well with the dialogue. This morning I've been watching presentations on valves and the videos have been a great free tutorial.
This message was modified May 4, 2008 by trouts2
friiy

Reply #5   May 4, 2008 10:25 am
Just stay away form that $400 + courses over the mail.. (the one that sells you motor to take a part and learn on)

Good Luck

Friiy

Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42