Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 20071 with a Split Fuel Tank. Need Advice.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Danimal

Toro 20071 with a Split Fuel Tank. Need Advice.
Original Message   May 3, 2008 5:33 pm
Hello All,

I have a Toro 20071 walk behind 22" lawn mower that was purchased about 11 months ago.  The fuel tank has developed a crack just above the seam that is nearly 12" long.  A Google search showed that this problem cropped up long ago and was due to improper tank bonding/melting at the factory.  Is this common now-a-days?  Can I deal directly with Toro or Tecumseh to fix this, or do I really have to drop the mower off at an authorized dealer?  It's only a $350 mower, so it seems silly that I can't just work with Toro and have a new tank shipped my way.

Thanks for the help,

-Dan
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
mech12

Re: Toro 20071 with a Split Fuel Tank. Need Advice.
Reply #1   May 5, 2008 1:15 pm
  if you want it fixed for free yes drop it off at the toro dealer.  the should also be and authorized tecumseh dealer.  the tank retails for about  $15.00.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42