Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Engine Swap on an Ariens Rocket V Tiller - Current Engine Tecumseh H50

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Cerran

Engine Swap on an Ariens Rocket V Tiller - Current Engine Tecumseh H50
Original Message   May 2, 2008 2:27 pm
I'm looking to do an engine swap on a Ariens Rocket V tiller. I love the tiller it's just the engine is getting a bit finicky and tired even though it runs fine most of the time. Which engines will have the proper pulley bolt-up locations for this unit. Any input would be appreciated. I'm also not opposed to going to something with slightly more horsepower although I've always found the 5HP to be adequate for my needs.

~Tom

This message was modified May 2, 2008 by Cerran
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
friiy

Re: Engine Swap on an Ariens Rocket V Tiller - Current Engine Tecumseh H50
Reply #1   May 2, 2008 6:14 pm
The H50 means 5 hp horizontal shaft engine,   the rest of the numbers on the blower housing will give you the type (ie crank shaft size, diameter and thread/ pitch of crank bolt, or if it has gear reduction).   the type numbers are the important ones.  If you go to TEC website I think they have a link on replacement or repower options.  Or any dealer listed has that info (we had a microfiche) .  

Good luck,

Friiy 

mech12

Reply #2   May 3, 2008 10:02 am
post some engine id numbers i can find the correct  tecumseh replacement for ya.
Cerran

Reply #3   May 23, 2008 1:13 am
Okay Engine numbers:

H50 Engine

G5397L

Ser 9057C

From what I can tell the output shaft is 3/4" and the PTO takeoff is 5/8"

I think I'm looking at a Tecumseh HM80-155651 8 HP but I'm not 100% sure.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42