Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 8-32 Rider

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Ljames

Toro 8-32 Rider
Original Message   Apr 21, 2008 9:31 pm
I am in need of a mower deck clutch/brake assy part # 8-7849 for a 1981 Toro Rider 8-32  

57300 Series.  I know it's an old mower but everthing else is in top condition.  Hate to get rid

of it.....

thanks

Lorin                    Ljscheeler@charter.net   

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
friiy

Re: Toro 8-32 Rider
Reply #1   Apr 28, 2008 7:14 pm
Last time I bought one of those clutches was 1990 and they were about 100.00,   good luck.

I have seen people weld a John deere electric clutch ( using studs welded on the deck).

I have also seen people install a solid pully  and make it direct drive, or repair the old one (hack it together)

This is the old TORO ONLY duel pully / clutch.

Meaning that one side is driving the transmission and the bottom half is clutch/pully that drives the blade?  ( with a big spring in it?)..

Start calling around the country, somebody might have one in a junk pile or old used stock..

Good Luck.

Friiy

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42