Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Differences between LawnBoy Insinght Platinum and Gold

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
leor

Differences between LawnBoy Insinght Platinum and Gold
Original Message   Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm
I am considering a Lawn Boy 10797 (Insight Platinum series, cast aluminum deck, 5 yr warranty) and the 10697 (Insight Gold series, steel deck, 3 yr warranty).  Feature for feature, the mowers are the same and both use the Honda GCV160 engine

Does anyone know if, other than the deck material and the length of the warranty, there are any physical or mechanical differences between the two series of mowers.  Lawn Boys web site talks about the "low maintenance transmission" on the Platinum series but does not mention the transmission on the Gold series.  Is this just marketing, or is there actually some difference.

Replies appreaciated.

Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
mech12

Re: Differences between LawnBoy Insinght Platinum and Gold
Reply #1   Apr 19, 2008 5:00 pm
    hello,  first off these are identical mowers mechanically speaking with the honda engines.  these engines are warranted b y honda not lawnboy!!!!!!!!!    with the 2007 insight gold it carries a 3 year warranty,  first two years by honda the third year by lawnboy.  there is also a 30 satisfaction guarantee on this unit..  the insight platinum has all the features of the gold and has the new tranny like you mentioned.  5 year warranty  1 year on battery.  30 day satisfaction also.   i gues i would go with the platinum.....  if down the line you need the tranny worked on,  its a complete replacement and runs about 40.00.   parts alone to rebuild the other tranny woule be the same but of course labor is more.   take care of this honda engine and it will run for ever.   store for winter very carefully, these carbs will take a turn for the worse if not treated nice.  although they only run $36.00 new.  good luck  ps  we are a toro lwn-boy dealer
friiy

Re: Differences between LawnBoy Insinght Platinum and Gold
Reply #2   May 2, 2008 7:22 pm
They are both great mowers, not much diffrence. which one is more comfortable?

The only diffrence I can think of is if you hit things with the mower,  A steel deck will take more abuse than a aluminum deck,  Steel decks will dent with a brass sprinkler,  aluminum will crack or break out,   it is easier to weld steel if you have too...  But Aluminum will hold up better in wet  "rusty condtions".

Good Luck,

Friiy

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42