Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > what did i do wrong?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
daswede

what did i do wrong?
Original Message   Apr 4, 2008 9:29 am
    I got a new snowblower,Ariens ST 724E,and wanting to get familiar with the machine,i separated the frame from the bucket,and there is where the problem came about.

I got to the point of loosening the two lower frame bolts,and removed the two upper bolts. Then  i lowered the frame handles to the floor,and lo-behold,the bucket completely separated from the frame.     Turns out the bucket lower frame has a hook arrangement that slides over the bolts,rather than just bolt holes.

Obviously i did something wrong,but what is my question.

Thanks

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
poorshoesless

Re: what did i do wrong?
Reply #1   Apr 4, 2008 10:03 am
Where are you locate?  If in Cols OH, you can come over to my house and open my Ariens up. 
mech12

Reply #2   Apr 4, 2008 10:37 am
  old saying ive heard over the years in this business.    if it ain't broke,    don't fix it
daswede

Reply #3   Apr 4, 2008 3:20 pm
Followup:

I went to the dealer to get some OPE parts,and i asked the dealer what i did wrong. He said he just leans the handles back  enough to be able to service the machine. he also said he doesn't lower the handles all the way to the floor as the manual says for basic maintenance.    My mistake for following the manual .

It was a great  experience to learn how to do this now,rather than in Jan.-Feb., and its snowing like crazy,and a belt has broken.   Right???

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42