Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Fuel tank on Toro mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Fuel tank on Toro mower
Original Message   Mar 14, 2005 4:33 pm
Hey guys, Today i was at work talking about mowers,and a buddy of mine has a Toro 21 inch walkbehind he has had for 17 yrs. The fuel tank is leaking on it, he said its made of plastic and its a kawasaki engine. He said he has looked everywhere for one he can't find one for it anyone know anywhere he might look? The mower cuts and runs great and he don't want to get rid of it but he said his garage is killing him from the gas smell. I said just drain the gas but I guess that would get on the nerves after a while. thanks Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 7 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
moedlawn

Re: Fuel tank on Toro mower
Reply #7   Apr 2, 2008 9:17 pm
yeah, i have an old toro (don't know age) but the carb leaks bad       i don't know much since i'm 13 but i own a lawn buisness so i use it a lot and need help with the leak
mech12

Reply #8   Apr 4, 2008 12:59 pm
that fuel tank new runs  $46.00  up here in minnesota.   depending  exactly where the crack is you can  "weld" it.  we have done this in our shop.  use a 1/2  wide soldering iron.  get good and hot  500 degrees.  the start closing the seams
friiy

Reply #9   Apr 28, 2008 7:23 pm
The Suzuki engine  has a metal blower case and has a fuel tank connected to the deck, (plastic or metal depending on age of mower).  The Kawisaki engine has a plastic fuel tank attached to the engine ( yellow fuel cap) most of the time.

Good Luck,

Friiy

PS. if you know a aircraft mechanic working for the airlines ask him if he has any  "B 1/2" sealant.   It works really good on fuel tanks.

Replies: 7 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42