Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens624E Likes to run with choke part way on

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
NHsnowman

Ariens624E Likes to run with choke part way on
Original Message   Feb 19, 2008 3:43 pm
HI all,

I just bought an Ariens 624E snowblower and it was deliverd today. My question is it seems to run best with the choke partially on. I havn't been really able to blow any snow to really warm it up good as all out snow here in NH is basically solid as ice right now.

Could it be that it just needs a good long time to warm up?  Also it is an OHV engine and I have heard that they sometimes need to be run with choke partially on because the emmision seetings cause them to run so very lean.

I followed the manual exactly and started it on low throttle full choke and then slowly backed off the choke but when i get to the last choke seeting it starts to sputter out. If i return quickly to the higher choke setting it goes right back to running great again.

I was hoping someone had some info or thoughts on this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
NHsnowman

Re: Ariens624E Likes to run with choke part way on
Reply #12   Feb 26, 2008 7:48 pm
Well I feel pretty stupid but I was actually reading the choke control wrong.

I have always had machines where far right is no choke and on this one that is full choke. So when I looked at the symbol of course I saw a symbol for no choke (vertical symbol) when it was actually the symbol for choke (diaganol symbol).

So there I was starting it without choke (and it started great by the way), letting it warm up and then choking it out.  Thankfully I decided to re read the instructions more closely and figured out my dumb mistake pretty much right away.

Live and learn I guess.

donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: Ariens624E Likes to run with choke part way on
Reply #13   Feb 26, 2008 9:50 pm
thats funny

Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42