Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 421 broke today - need help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lovesbeer99

Toro 421 broke today - need help
Original Message   Feb 22, 2008 11:04 pm
I bought a used Toro 421 and used it today.  The electric start didn't work, but after quite a few manual pulls I got it started. Actually it runs pretty good when it's warmed up and it did a good job. But all of a sudden I heard a clank it stopped running.  1 pull to restart, but then it shut off.  It turns out the auger is stuck, not moving, froze up so everytime I try to use it, it shuts off.  I think it's a safety feature or something.  Anyway it still runs and the wheels still turn it's just the auger.  Any suggestions on what I should do, or how much this will cost me.  I hate to get rid of it, but If this costs a lot I'd just buy a new one.  

Thanks in advance.

Lovesbeer99 

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
lovesbeer99

Re: Toro 421 broke today - need help
Reply #5   Feb 24, 2008 12:45 am
Thanks for the feedback.  I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow.    I really want to fix this.  I hate that everything is disposable, but if I can't fix this by myself and it will cost 300.00 to get it fixed at the shop then I might just buy a new one.  I really hope I can fix this.  Thanks again.

Lovesbeer99

lovesbeer99

Re: Toro 421 broke today - need help
Reply #6   Feb 24, 2008 10:54 pm
OK - I put the 421 in the sun and let the snow melt out of the auger and low and behold, there was a rock stuck inbetween the auger and the housing.  I broke it free and now it works fine again.  Thanks for the help, I honestly appreciate it.

Lovesbeer99 -

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42