Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > replacement motor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dragoon

replacement motor
Original Message   Feb 23, 2008 8:28 pm
I got a 726 john deer 7 hp  and it ran good .the other day it started a very high rpm . my question is can I get a replacement motor and what kind all the ones I see look so different but I like the steel construction of this jd  and it has 6 forward geers 4 pronged inpeller and has 1 reverce gear but its is built good . looking at the new ones they look very cheeply built the augers look so week and thats why I am looking for a newer 7or 8 hp motor any suggestions and how do I know if will fit ?( thanks in advance)

Steve/Dragon
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: replacement motor
Reply #1   Feb 24, 2008 1:13 am
do you have a john deere dealer where you live?if so,i would start there.i have a 827,and i am going to go with a bigger motor this spring.if you can,i would go with a 10 hp.that is the way i am leaning.after we get this storm on monday,it will be the 2nd most snow on record.oh yeah,put the clarence kit on also,i put one on similar to that,what a difference.no more clogged chute.if you dont have a dealer buy you,let me know and i can get you the dealer here number.good luck,don

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42