Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > NOMA snowthrower auger pulley problems

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Snowedin

NOMA snowthrower auger pulley problems
Original Message   Feb 13, 2008 9:10 pm
Hi, and I hate my snowthrower.

I have had auger belt issues for a long time, and now we have so much snow here that I have to use the snowthrower insteqd of the plow....so; HELP....PLEASE!!!!!

Had numerous issues  with the auger belt slipping....or so I thought. Replaced the belt and still slippage....so I made adjustments to the pulley mechanism....machine worked great for 5 minutes, then stopped throwing snow. I checked and the auger pulley had loosened. I tighened it, tried again, and it loosened within 2 minutes. I had torqued this to about 70 lbs!

Any suggestions on what is causing this pulley to loosen?  The parts diagram shows just a nut and washer, and the pulley is mounted on a spacer sleeve....nothing fancy here, but could the spacer be worn or perhqaps the auger just really needs to be torqued?

Thanks in advance!!

Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Snowedin

Re: NOMA snowthrower auger pulley problems
Reply #5   Feb 20, 2008 7:50 pm
Ron; Thank your kids for me....there was NO key in my keyway....which kind of explains the issues I have had with this snowblower. Newey, new belt and bring it on!!!!!

Thanks!

Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42