Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > The big red devil from Honda

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Moderator Denis

The big red devil from Honda
Original Message   Feb 18, 2008 8:57 pm

I think this machine is the cadillac of all, it's very powerfull and silent engine compare to tec or B&S. I think in a couple of years I will get that monster for sure.

This message was modified Feb 18, 2008 by Denis

Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Professorpi

Re: The big red devil from Honda
Reply #4   Feb 19, 2008 3:03 pm
nibbler wrote:
Its not a normal discharge chute its a new "venturi" discharge chute. The constriction causes an increase in the speed of the air snow "fluid" as it moves through the tube. Basic fluid dynamics .

LOL, nibbler I like your thinking.

To me it looks like the cage, that stops people from putting their hand down the chute, got riped off.

krislu

Reply #5   Feb 19, 2008 8:03 pm
Denis wrote:

I think this machine is the cadillac of all, it's very powerfull and silent engine compare to tec or B&S. I think in a couple of years I will get that monster for sure.

The shoot area definetly looks damaged. The outside of the bucket sraped a curb and the inside of the bucket and auger is scraped and missing some paint too. I'm beginning to wonder about the quality of Honda's paint jobs. I have seen alot of fairly new machines with use of course that have alot of paint missing. I have seen 40 yr old Ariens with more paint on them. Also it looks like the owner made the machine OSHA compliant by covering the top of the auger housing with a home made shield. I guess they were uncomfortable with Honda's openess. I wonder how easy it is to manuver. - Kris

nibbler

Reply #6   Feb 20, 2008 10:21 am
The crumpling does look like damage of some sort.

I had a look at the Honda site and I think this is the model that use the gas engine to drive the auger. the impeller and an electric generator. The generator is used to power two electric motors, one for each track. The electric drives are controlled by a dedicated "computer". The operator inputs steering signals via handle bar controls. It has a battery powered starting system so I also suspect you can drive the thing around for a little while on battery power.

Maintenance on this thing must be real interesting.
krislu

Reply #7   Feb 20, 2008 10:30 am
Yeah, and god help you if the thing breaks down. Oh, that's right this is a Honda, they don't break down.

- Kris

Replies: 4 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42