Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sears Snow Blower Impeller Movement

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
corbins

Sears Snow Blower Impeller Movement
Original Message   Feb 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Impeller is moving and rubbing against the back metal housing.  The movement is coming out of the gearbox.  The shaft moves out of the gearbox which makes the impeller move against the housing which makes a lot of noise.  It’s an old 20” Craftsman model 5369181.  It looks like most of the parts have been discontinued.  I’m not even sure what part it needs.  I would guess it’s in the gearbox.  It runs and everything turns.  Any idea what is causing this and where to get parts?  I hope this is not junk now.   

Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
corbins

Re: Sears Snow Blower Impeller Movement
Reply #5   Feb 11, 2008 10:16 pm
I'll tear the gear box apart.  If it's the snap ring, I'm sure I could find that.  If it's something else, am I out of luck since Sears has discontinued parts?
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42